UniqueMessageID in the Acknowledgement.

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I came across a small issue with UniquemessageID in the acknowledgement.  As per my understanding we are representing same value from RFP message header i.e. uniquemessageid.

The Unique Message ID that comes from RFP has delimiters” { }” as a valid value. As per acknowledgement schema, it does not require delimiters

How you guys are implementing in the acknowledgement? What’s the best practice?

Thanks,

Rao.

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Rao,

For now, the UniqueMessageID's type is just a String so a simple copy-and-paste operation from the RFP UID should be fine. However, I do propose that we eliminate the "{ }" restriction on the UniqueMessageID under the "AAAA-Values" XML Element.

- Will

Coordinator
Mar 29, 2010 at 1:51 PM

I agree wtih Will.  We should propose eliminating the "{}" for the Beta.

Our service was using the UniqueMessageID without the "{}" in the acknowledgement message, However, we've now changed our service to support both formats, with and without "{}", in the acknowledgement message.

For the PoC we have all been using the format without the "{}" for the iab_message_id header,  According to the IAB technical specifications the iab_message_id should be in the same form as UnquieMessageID.  I suggest we continue to use the iab_message_id header without the "{}" for the remainder of the PoC, and for the Beta the iab_message_id header value should comply with the format decided for the UniqueMessageID.

Thanks,

Sandy